Heads Up® Seed Treatment is an EPA registered control option as a preventative approach for dealing with white mold (Sclerotinia sclerotiorum), sudden death syndrome (Fusarium virguliforme) and rhizoctonia root rot / damping off (Rhizoctonia solani) in soybeans.
Below are the top ten reasons why you should ask your dealer to add Heads Up® Seed Treatment to your soybean seed treatment package this spring.
- Proven Results. Heads Up® Seed Treatment has a long history of proven results across the United States and Canada; helping soybean producers control several fungal and bacterial diseases. By helping to reduce the severity and incidence of soil borne fungal diseases pressure, Heads Up® has shown an average yield advantage when applied with a commercial standard seed treatment, across the North Central Region (IA, IL, MN, MI, WI, KY, IN and ON) of +2.08 bu/ac over the past 11 years1.
- Compatibility. While Heads Up® Seed Treatment can be used alone to elicit the natural defense mechanism of your soybeans; research has shown it is also an exceptional tool in helping to control disease when combined with other seed treatments2.
- Stacked Mode of Actions. Heads Up® is not a fungicidal or insecticidal seed treatment, and therefore it does not work to inhibit or kill a fungal host or nematode. Instead, Heads Up® is a signalling plant activator, which utilizes a new, revolutionary mode of action (M.O.A) called systemic acquired resistance. When combined with other fungicide/insecticide seed treatment products, Heads Up® gives you an additional measure of controlling several yield robbing disease pathogens, by signalling the plants defense mechanism early, which leads to a heightened defense response when pathogens strike.
- Systemic, season long control. When applied as a seed treatment, Heads Up® is active from the time of germination to natural senescence. Because the product works to signal a physiological change, turning on and engaging the plants defenses early, this heightened resistance stays on and active all-season long.
- Broad Spectrum. Due to the unique mode of action Heads Up® utilizes by activating genetic disease resistance, the seed treatment is able to combat a wide-host of soil borne disease pressures such as Sclerotinia, Fusarium and Rhizoctonia.
- No restrictions. Heads Up® does not contain any living organisms, and can be applied to your seed months, weeks or days prior to planting.
- Multiple crop registration. Along with soybeans, Heads Up® is also registered as a pre-plant seed treatment in dry beans, corn, wheat, peas, potatoes and tomatoes. View our results online at https://www.headsupst.com/research/
- OMRI listed. Heads Up® is a biological seed treatment made from a proprietary blend of plant extracted biochemicals. The product is OMRI listed and may be used in certified organic crop production.
- EPA registered. Heads Up® Seed Treatment is an EPA registered biological seed treatment. Incorporated in 2003, EPA registration allows Heads Up® Plant Protectants Inc. to make disease claims on product labels, and farmers can rest assured these claims have been verified by the EPA through years of credible, third party results.
- Excellent Value. Heads Up® Seed Treatment costs less than ½ the price of a single bushel of soybeans. With 11 years of data across the North Central Region, seed treated with Heads Up® averaged +2.08 bu/ac better than seed that was treated solely with a commercial standard seed treatment.
With soybeans at an average of $9.50 / bushel; that’s a return of 4:1 on your investment!
For more information on Heads Up® including where to purchase visit www.headsupST.com or call us today 1.866.368.9306
- Data Collected by ISU and NCSRP. Accessed October 30, 2017.
- View research on website. Soybean Trials.